Adjustable desk riser with two-tier surface
Height-adjustable standing desk
Unwrap our biggest deals of the year.
We've spent years designing the perfect products for your office, and we don't want you to wait any longer than necessary. That is why Vari pricing includes free delivery to anywhere in mainland Australia or Tasmania!
From the full-time work-from-home warrior to the on-the-go laptop user, this guide has ideas for all the hard workers on your list.
Everything you need to know about creating healthy standing habits.
Simple ways to add movement to every day and easy tips for happy, healthy, more productive work.
From setup to daily use, here’s what to know about using your height-adjustable VariDesk standing-desk solution.
After a lifetime of being told to “sit down,” thinking about standing at your desk can be intimidating. But if you’re intentional on a few points, you can be on your way to enjoying a more active lifestyle:
• Sit Some, Stand Some When you look for a standing desk, remember that you’ll to want to sit sometimes, too. Don’t get roped in to a stationary desk that only allows you to stand. When you’ve had a long Monday or don’t feel your best, you’re going to want to take a seat without rearranging your desk. What you’re looking for is flexibility.
• Cushion Your Feet When you’re standing at your desk, you’ll be on your feet for much longer than you would be otherwise. But there’s no reason you can’t be comfortable! A high-quality standing mat will make it easier to stand on even the most unforgiving of floors.
• Consider Your Shoes Standing and moving for much more of your workday means you’ll need to consider your feet and stability. Some shoes are made for fashion and others are made for athletics. A good balance in your foot wear will provide you with the balance you’ll need to benefit from standing at work.
• Check Your Posture You know you’ve found your perfectly-raised desk height when resting your hands on your desk, your elbows are bent at 90 degrees. Adding monitor arms keeps your monitors at eye level to maintain an aligned neck and spine.
• Chanel Your Fidgeting There’s a more sophisticated way to focus your mind. You can rock your feet, roll a ball, or stretch your legs and shift your weight.
• Pace Yourself Some people prefer to slowly make the transition to standing. You can always start off with standing a portion of every hour. Every time you sit down, set a timer for 30 or 60 minutes so you’ll be reminded to get back to a more active stance.
• Discover the Perch When you’re switching between sitting in your office chair and standing, you may find yourself wishing for a Goldilocks option: something that lets you maintain a healthy posture and back while taking a load off your feet. That’s why we created the VARIChair – a perching solution that acts as a third option – to keep your body active and your core engaged while relieving your feet.
• Find Your Rhythm Everybody’s preference is unique, but some people find it best to stand after lunch or as an alternative to a mid-afternoon cup of coffee. You might find that you love standing first thing in the morning, energizing you for the day ahead. Several people have told us that they stand at their desks while taking calls – they feel more empowered and action-oriented. Pay attention to when you could most use an extra boost, and don’t be afraid to set reminders on your calendar for your favorite time to stand.