Adjustable desk riser with two-tier surface
Height-adjustable standing desk
Learn a few easy ways to save even more on our reasonable everyday prices.
We've spent years designing the perfect products for your office, and we don't want you to wait any longer than necessary. That is why Vari pricing includes free delivery to anywhere in mainland Australia or Tasmania!
Everything you need to know about creating healthy standing habits.
Simple ways to add movement to every day and easy tips for happy, healthy, more productive work.
From setup to daily use, here’s what to know about using your height-adjustable VariDesk standing-desk solution.
Sitting all day can have detrimental consequences on your health and productivity. These simple desk exercises and tips can help promote your personal health.
The scientific evidence is in for what we all knew to be true: sitting too long is a major health hazard. Over the last decade, research has revealed prolonged sitting messes with your metabolism, accelerates obesity, increases lifestyle related disease and can potentially shorten your life span.
That’s why more office workers are choosing to buy a versatile standing desk, which allows for a greater variety of movement throughout the work day. Standing desks provide for better focus and productivity for your important work, as well as the opportunity to stay healthy and fit.
Try these 10 simple exercises with your standing desk to give you a speedy total body workout, which covers all major muscle groups in the body. Performing regular intervals of moving or standing while working helps to reduce your risk of disease, improve your mood and productivity, and keeps your body functioning well and feeling fantastic without even having to leave your desk.
1. Extend Yourself: A great way to start your desk exercises is while still seated with some leg extensions.
2. Core Values: While you’re sitting it’s a good opportunity to work in some abdominal exercises. An office chair with wheels is perfect, as it allows you to target the oblique abs with its swivel action.
3. Stay On Your Toes: Now it’s time to switch the game up by converting your standing desk from the sitting position to the standing position. Then you can start by encouraging the circulation from the lower extremities with calf raises.
How High Should My Standing Desk Be? Standing Desk Height Recommendations:
A good rule to follow for standing desk posture and height is to keep your elbows at no less than a 90-degree angle and your screen at, or slightly below, eye level**. If you're having a tough time getting into the standing routine or feel like your standing desk isn't working its wonders, this could make a world of difference. Monitor arms specifically designed for standing desks can help you to maintain proper standing desk posture by adjusting your computer monitor height separately from your keyboard height.
4. Right on Point: Let’s keep the legs moving with a bend and point exercise.
5. How About a Raise?: A leg raise that is! Strengthen hamstrings and gluts by performing a standing leg curl at your standing desk by starting with legs close together but not touching.
6. Lots of Squats: The gluts are some of the largest and strongest muscles in the body, so just because they’re ‘behind’ don’t leave them out of mind.
7. Put Your Hands in the Air: You don’t have to wait until Friday to let off a little steam! Put your hands up with a shoulder press.
8. Biceps that mean Business: Give your arms a workout on something other than a keyboard with a bicep curl.
9. Hot Off the Press: Keep those biceps balanced with a tricep press for the back of the arms.
10. March: With our muscles warmed up and strengthened, let’s get into a bit of cardio with a stationary march.
Sign up for our newsletter and get the latest resources and product news.
Tip 1 – Banish excess fat, sugar and salt: Your waistline is no match for cupcakes and chips that have taken over your office’s kitchen. While you can’t control what snacks your coworkers bring to the office, you can put them away in the fridge or a cabinet. Out of sight, out of mind!
Tip 2 – Kick your soda habit to the curb: A soda habit can quickly put a damper on weight loss efforts. For a healthy alternative without sacrificing the fizz, opt for sparkling water. The meteoric rise of brands like La Croix and Topo Chico prove that it’s the effervescent sparkle, not the sugar, that helps beat an afternoon slump.
Tip 3 – Check your posture: Whether you’re standing or sitting at your desk, posture is important! Make sure your feet are pointing forward and your back isn’t arched over the desk. Check out our selection of standing desk accessories which can aid in achieving and maintaining proper posture.
Tip 4 – Get outside: During warmer months, the sun stays out longer so you can, too. Take advantage of more hours of sunlight and hit the beach on a summer Friday, join a local yoga practice or take the dogs to the park after work.
Tip 5 – Take your meeting to the streets: Conference rooms are so 2019. Squeeze in a few extra steps by taking your next meeting outside.
Tip 6 – Stay hydrated: It’s common knowledge that being dehydrated can wreak havoc on your body. From debilitating fatigue to increased cravings, skimping out on water, especially when temperatures are soaring, can lead to decreased productivity. Keep a reusable water bottle at your desk and sip throughout the day to ensure you are always adequately hydrated.
Tip 7 – Grab a brown bag: Buying lunch at the local sandwich shop can have a negative impact on your wallet and your waistline. Try packing lunch a few times a week with healthy, fresh ingredients. If they are available in your area, local farmers’ markets are a great way to source cheap, local produce.
Tip 8 – Recenter Yourself: A healthy mind is just as important as a healthy body! On your next break, find a quiet place and take 5-10 minutes to relax your mind and focus on deepening your breath. You'll be surprised at how easy it is to get your mind back on track, focused, and ready to continue tackling the day!
Tip 9 – Take a lap: … Around the office! Burn off a few calories while you give your brain and eyes a break by taking a lap or two around the office.
Tip 10 – Stand up: Last but certainly not least, utilize a Vari standing desk solution and stand up while you work! You won’t believe how quickly standing at the office can elevate your work.
You may also enjoy the article 5 Days of Standing Desk Exercises to Enhance Mobility and Prevent Chronic Pain, authored in partnership with Spartan Race.